Updated: Oct 19, 2019
Easter is the perfect time of the year to get creative!
It's so fun to work on home decorations, plan egg hunts for the kids, and craft Easter class favors for their friends!
What I especially enjoy about this season is finally brightening up the house after a long and cold Winter! Cheerful colors, friendly bunnies, and baskets overflowing with Easter eggs always get me in the right mood!
What do you like about this time of the year? Do you have a favorite Easter decoration or a special craft project you like working on every year?
Today I'll be sharing with you an easy and super fun crochet project!
It works very fast and it's a nice idea for giving a little touch of Easter to your home!
You can play with colors and create a series of Bunny Eggs or choose a thicker yarn to crochet a big and cute one for your kids!
Find the Free Crochet Pattern below!!
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
YARN: Medium Weight Cotton Yarn (Lace 4) in Lilac, Purple, White, Green, Gray and Black
OTHER MATERIALS: Polyester Fiber Filling, 6 mm Plastic Safety Eyes (2)
HOOK SIZE: 3.5 mm
STITCHES USED and ABBREVIATIONS: magic ring (mr), chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), back loop only (BLO), front loop only (FLO), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O).
INSTRUCTIONS: work in rows (join with a sl st and ch1 at the end of each row) otherwise instructed.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
EGG and BUNNY HEAD (lilac, purple, white and green yarn)
1) starting off with lilac yarn, 6 sc in a mr (6)
2) inc around (12)
3) *1 sc, 1 inc*, repeat ** around (18)
4) *2 sc, 1 inc*, repeat ** around (24)
5) switch to purple yarn, *3 sc, 1 inc*, repeat ** around (30)
6) switch to white yarn, *4 sc, 1 inc*, repeat ** around (36)
7) switch to purple yarn, sc even (36)
8) switch to green yarn, *5 sc, 1 inc*, repeat ** around (42)
9) *3 sc in green, 1 sc in white*, repeat ** 10 times, 2 sc in green (42)
10) *2 sc in green, 2 sc in white*, repeat ** 10 times, 2 sc in green (42)
11) working with white yarn only, sc even (42)
12) switch to lilac yarn, sc even (42)
13) 1 sc in white, 1 sc in purple, *2 sc in purple, 2 sc in white*, repeat ** 9 times, 3 sc in purple, 1 sc in white (42)
14) switch to green yarn, sc even (42)
15) working in FLO, 42 sl st (42)
16) join gray yarn to the back loop of any one st of round 14, sc even (42)
17-18) working in both loops now, sc even (42)
19) *5 sc, 1 dec*, repeat ** around (36)
20) sc even (36); start stuffing
21) *4 sc, 1 dec*, repeat ** around (30)
22) sc even (30)
23) *3 sc, 1 dec*, repeat ** around (24)
24) sc even (24); insert the eyes between rounds 19/20, 5 stitches apart
25) *2 sc, 1 dec*, repeat ** around (18)
26) *1 sc, 1 dec*, repeat ** around (12); finish stuffing
27) dec around (6) ; F/O and close the hole
Embroider the NOSE with black yarn.
Embroider the CHEEK BLUSHING with lilac yarn.
EARS (grey yarn; make two)
1) 4 sc in a mr (4)
2) *1 sc, 1 inc*, repeat ** twice (6)
3) *2 sc, 1 inc*, repeat ** twice (8)
4) *3 sc, 1 inc*, repeat ** twice (10)
5-10) sc even (10)
11) *3 sc, 1 dec*, repeat ** twice (8); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn for sewing the ear between rounds 23/24 of the head.
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!