Moony the Ghost Free Crochet Pattern
...and here we are with the second character from the Halloween crochet project I've been working on for the past couple of weeks!
Her name is Moony and she's the sweetest ghost around.
Linette and Moony love to fly around and visit kids during the Halloween night. They are anything but scary. So grab your hook and yarn and work with me on this fun project!
Blake the Cat and Hugo the Candy Corn complete the gang and you can find them on my Etsy shop!
***You can purchase an AD-FREE PDF of this pattern with step-by-step pictures on Etsy HERE.
Here's the FREE pattern!
YARN: Medium Worsted in White; Classic Cotton Thread in Black
MATERIALS: C2 -2.75 mm Crochet Hook; 10mm Black Plastic Safety Eyes; Poly Filling
DIMENSION: H. 4” x W. 5”
ABBREVIATIONS: stitch (st), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc),
half double crochet (hdc), fasten off (F/O)
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
LEGS AND BODY (white yarn)
1) 8 sc in a mr (8)
2) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (10)
3) *4 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (12)
4) *5 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (14)
5) *6 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (16); F/O
Do no cut the yarn once you have completed the 2nd leg, CH 8 INSTEAD.
Merge the two legs together:
6) join the yarn with a sl st to the 1st leg, ch1 and sc in the same st, crochet around 15 sc, work 1 hdc in each ch between the two legs, keep working on the 2nd leg, 16 sc, work 1 hdc in each ch between the two legs (48)
7) *5 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (54)
8-23) sc even (54); keep stuffing as you go
24) *5 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (48)
25-26) sc even (48)
Insert the plastic safety eyes between rounds #20-21, 11 stitches apart
27) *4 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (40)
28) *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (32)
29) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (24)
30) *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (16); finish stuffing the body firmly
31) sc dec around (8); F/O, close the hole and hide the yarn.
Embroider the MOUTH (rnd #15-18; 4 stitches long and 2 stitches high) and the EYELASHES with black classic cotton thread. Apply some pink blush underneath the eyes.
ARMS (white yarn; make two)
1) 6 sc in a mr (6)
2) inc around (12)
3-4) sc even (12); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to attach
the arm to the side of the body, between rounds # 11-17.
TAIL (white yarn)
1) 4 sc in a mr (4)
2) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (6)
3) sc even
4) *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (8)
5-6) sc even (8)
7) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (10)
8) sc even (10)
9) *4 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (12)
10) *5 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (14)
11) *6 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (16)
12) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (20)
13) *4 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (24)
14) *5 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (28)
15) sc even (28); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the “tail” to the side of the body between rounds # 4-16. Stuff it lightly before attaching it. You can insert metal wire to keep it in shape.
I can't wait to see your version of my MOONY THE GHOST! Feel free to tag me (@elisascrochet) in your photos on Instagram or Facebook if you'd like!
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!