Christmas Tree Ornaments Free Crochet Pattern
Updated: Jan 6
There's nothing better than putting up the Christmas Tree to get you in the festive mood and bring up some happy feelings and memories!
There is no reason to wait until December to decorate...let's cheer up our days with Christmas lights and decor!
I love to mix DIY ornament with traditional holiday decorations to add a personal touch to my tree.
This year I wanted to create a colorful, but at the same time easy to crochet, ornament. I love the one of a kind shape of my crochet ornaments and I love the fact we can still play with colors to create something unique that could match the overall style of our Christmas decor.
I used the super soft 100% Organic Cotton by Babytoly for this project.
I love the fact that this yarn is drug and chemical-free and it's one of the healthiest and safest choice when it comes to yarn if you want to protect the environment!
It comes in 23 beautiful colors that it is hard to choose from! Go take a look at their website and you'll be falling in love with this cotton, I promise!
Ceren, the owner at Babytoly, supports Ethical Sustainable Fair Trade, which is awesome! Go see her Instagram @babytoly
Here's the FREE pattern! Enjoy!
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
YARN: Babytoly Cotton Yarn (Lace 4) in Red Apple, Green Apple, Sunflower and Silver
OTHER MATERIALS: Polyester Fiber Filling, Yarn Needle
HOOK SIZES: E/3,25 mm
STITCHES USED and ABBREVIATIONS: magic ring (mr), chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), front loop only (FLO), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O).
INSTRUCTIONS: work in round (join with a sl st and ch1 at the end of each one) otherwise instructed.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
ORNAMENT (red apple/green apple/sunflower and silver yarn)
1) starting off with red apple/green apple/sunflower yarn, 4 sc in a mr (4)
2) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (6)
3) *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (8)
4) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (10)
5) sc even (10)
6) *4 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (12)
7) sc inc around (24)
8) sc even (24)
9) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (36)
10-11) sc even (36)
12) *5 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (42)
13-17) sc even (42)
18) *5 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (36)
19) sc even (36)
20) *4 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (30)
21) *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (24)
22) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (18); start stuffing
23) working in FLO, *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (27)
24) working in both loops now, *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (36)
25-29) sc even (36); keep stuffing
30) *4 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (30)
31) sc even (30)
32) *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (24)
33) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (18)
34) *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (12)
35) *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (8)
36) switch to silver yarn, sc even (8); finish stuffing
37) sc even (8); F/O, close the hole and leave a long tail of yarn to create the loop to hang the ornament with.
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!