Amigurumi Leek Free Crochet Pattern
Welcome back to my blog my fellow crocheters!
Are you ready to work on the last character of my fun Vegetable Amigurumi Collection?
This smiling Leek is super easy to make and will make such a cute toy to play with!
Don't forget to check the free instructions of the other three characters - the Red Bell Pepper, the Turnip and the Carrot!
So, what are you waiting for?
Grab your crochet hook, some yarn and have fun!
***You can purchase a downloadable AD-FREE PDF of the pattern with step-by-step pictures on EtsyHERE.
Here's the FREE pattern!
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
YARN: Medium Weight Cotton Yarn (Lace 4) in White, Yellow, Green and Black
OTHER MATERIALS: Polyester Fiber Filling; Two 9mm Black Plastic Safety Eyes
HOOK SIZES: E/3,50 mm
STITCHES USED and ABBREVIATIONS: magic ring (mr), chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O). INSTRUCTIONS: work in rounds
(join with a sl st and ch 1 at the end of each round) unless otherwise instructed.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
LEGS AND BODY (white, yellow and green yarn)
1) start working with white yarn, 8 sc in a mr (8)
2) inc around (16)
3) sc even (16)
4) *7 sc, inc*, repeat ** twice (18)
5) sc even (18); F/O and hide the yarn and stuff the leg
Do no cut the yarn once you have completed the 2nd leg, CH 2 INSTEAD.
Merge the two legs together:
6) join the yarn with a sl st to the 1st leg, ch1 and sc in the same st, crochet around 17 sc, 1 hdc in each of the 2 stitches between the two legs, keep working on the other leg, 18 sc, 1 hdc in each of the 2 stitches between the two legs (40)
7) *4 sc, 1 inc*, repeat ** around (48)
8-19) sc even (48); keep stuffing the body
20) *4 sc, dec*, repeat ** around (40)
21-22) sc even (40); insert the safety eyes between rounds 16/17, 8 stitches apart
23) *3 sc, dec*, repeat ** around (32)
24) sc even (32)
25) *2 sc, dec*, repeat ** around (24)
26) sc even (24)
27) switch to yellow yarn, *2 sc, dec*, repeat ** around (18)
28-31) sc even (18)
32) switch to green yarn (18)
33-44) sc even (18)
45) *7 sc, dec*, repeat ** twice (16)
46) *6 sc, dec*, repeat ** twice (14)
47) *5 sc, dec*, repeat ** twice (12); finish stuffing
48) flatten it and crochet through both layers, 6 sc (6); F/O and hide the yarn.
Embroider the MOUTH with some scrap black yarn.
LEAF (green yarn; ch1 and turn at the end of each row)
1) crochet 6 ch, 1 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, 4 sc (5); ch1 and turn
2-9) sc even (5); F/O and leave a long tail to sew the leaf to the green part of the leek as shown in the picture
CHEEKS (pink yarn; make two)
1) 8 sc in a mr (8)
2) inc around (16); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the piece to the head, between rounds # 9-15.
ARMS (white yarn; make two)
1) 8 sc in a mr (8)
2) inc around (16)
3-5) sc even (16); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the arm to the side of the body. Stuff the arm firmly.
I can't wait to see your version of my AMIGURUMI LEEK! Feel free to tag me (@elisascrochet) in your photos on Instagram or Facebook if you'd like!
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!