Bonnie the Jellyfish Free Crochet Pattern
The deep blue is such a fascinating place. It is inhabited by marvelous and mysterious creatures, and this is one of the reasons why, as for nursery decor, the "Under-the-sea" theme is one of the most popular among parents.
Colorful sea prints, fabrics and toys can create the perfect nautical room for your little one! ...and when it comes to toys, we can add our personal touch working with hook and yarn, right?
I specifically designed this cute Jellyfish as a crib mobile attachment.
The bright colors and the long tentacles work perfectly to draw the baby's attention, don't you think?
You can also work this project with chenille chunky yarn to create a happy super soft plush jellyfish for your kid!
As you can see there are so many options...just free your imagination and play with yarn and colors to crochet your favorite jellyfish amigurumi!
The finished doll is approximately 6" tall.
Here's the FREE pattern! Have fun!
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
YARN: Medium Weight Cotton Yarn (Lace 4) in Yellow, Blue, Pink and Black
OTHER MATERIALS: Polyester Fiber Filling; Two 6mm Black Plastic Safety Eyes; Yarn Needle
HOOK SIZES: E/3,25 mm
STITCHES USED and ABBREVIATIONS: magic ring (mr), chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), spike stitch single (SPsc), black loop only (BLO), front loop only (FLO), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O).
Work in rows (join with a sl st and ch1 at the end of each row) otherwise instructed.
SPsc: a single crochet same stitch but worked two rows below.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
BODY (yellow and blue yarn)
1) 8 sc in a mr (8)
2) sc inc around (16)
3) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (24)
4) *2 sc, 1 sc inc *, repeat ** around (32)
5) *3 sc, 1 sc inc *, repeat ** around (40)
6) sc even (40)
7) *4 sc, 1 sc inc *, repeat ** around (48)
8) sc even (48)
9) *5 sc, 1 sc inc *, repeat ** around (54)
10-15) sc even (54); place the eyes between rnds #10-11, 9 stitches apart
16) working in BLO, *5 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (48)
17) working in both loops now, *4 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (40)
18) *3 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (32); start stuffing
19) *2 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (24)
20) *1 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (16)
21) *2 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (12); finish stuffing
22) sc dec around (6); F/O, close the hole and hide the yarn
Holding the body upside down…
23) insert the hook in the FLO of the first sc of round #15 of the body and join yellow yarn with a sl st and then work 1 sc in the same st, 1 sc in the next two sts, switch to blue yarn, 1 sc, 1 SPsc, 1 sc, *3 sc with yellow yarn, switch to blue yarn, 1 sc, 1 SPsc, 1 sc*, repeat ** 8 times (54)
24) keep working with blue yarn, *1 sc, 1 SPsc, 4 sc*, repeat ** 9 times (54)
25) sl st even (54); F/O, cut and hide the yarn.
Embroider the EYEBROWS and the MOUTH with black yarn.
CHEEKS (pink yarn; make two)
1) 7 sc in a mr (7); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn
to sew the cheeks between rnds # 12-16 of the body.
ORAL ARMS (yellow yarn; make 5)
1) 35 ch, 2 sc in the 2nd chain form the hook, 1 sc inc in each st across (68); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to attach the oral arm to the bottom part of the body.
TENTACLES (blue yarn; make 5)
1) 30 ch, 1 sl st in the 2nd chain form the hook, 1 sl st in each st across (29); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to attach the tentacle to the bottom part of the body.
Sew tentacles and oral arms between rnds # 16-17 of the body.
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!