Christmas Bunny Free Crochet Pattern
Updated: Oct 19, 2019
July is here and that means it's time to start preparing for Christmas!!
Some of you may think I'm a bit early, but probably it's because you haven't heard of Christmas in July yet! During this time of the year some people (in the Northern hemisphere) throw parties that are similar to Christmas celebrations, in order to bring the festive atmosphere.
...and when it comes to prepare for Christmas, my fellow crocheters, we cannot help but working hard with our hooks and yarn, am I right?!
So here's a cute FREE amigurumi project for you...a sweet Christmas Bunny!
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
YARN: Medium Weight Cotton Yarn
(Lace 4) in White, Gray and Red
OTHER MATERIALS: Polyester Fiber Filling; Two 6mm Black Plastic Safety Eyes
HOOK SIZES: E/3,50 mm
STITCHES USED and ABBREVIATIONS: magic ring (mr), chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O).
INSTRUCTIONS: work in rows (join with a sl st and ch1 at the end of each row) otherwise instructed.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
HEAD (white yarn)
1) 8 sc in a mr (8)
2) sc inc around (16)
3) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (24)
4-5) sc even (24)
6) *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (32)
7) sc even (32)
8) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (40)
9-11) sc even (40); insert eyes between rounds #6-7, 6 stitches apart
12) *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (32)
13) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (24); start stuffing
14) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (18); F/O and cut the yarn. Finish stuffing the head firmly.
Apply some blush to the CHEEKS with a small make-up brush.
Embroider the NOSE and the MOUTH LINE with gray yarn.
EARS (white yarn; make two)
1) 7 sc (7)
2) sc inc around (14)
3-4) sc even (14)
5) *5 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (12)
6) sc even (12)
7) *4 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (10)
8) sc even (10)
9) *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (8)
10) *5 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (6)
11) sc even (6)
12) flatten the ear and crochet through both layers now, 3 sc (3); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the ear to the head (between rounds #3-4).
LEGS AND BODY (white yarn)
1) 10 sc in a mr (10)
2-4) sc even (10); F/O, hide the yarn and stuff the leg
Do no cut the yarn once you have completed the 2nd leg, CH 5 INSTEAD.
Merge the two legs together:
5) join the yarn with a sl st to the 1st leg, ch1 and sc in the same st, crochet around 9 sc, 1 hdc in each one of the 5 stitches in between the two legs, keep working on the other leg, 10 sc, 1 hdc in each one of the 5 stitches in between the two legs (30)
6-10) sc even (30); keep stuffing as you go
11) *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (24)
12-14) sc even (24)
15) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (18)
16-17) sc even (18); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to attach the body to the head.
Finish stuffing the body firmly.
Embroider the BELLY BUTTON with some gray yarn.
ARMS (white yarn; make two)
1) 8 sc in a mr (8)
2-4) sc even (8)
5) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (6)
6) sc even (6)
7) flatten the arm and crochet through both layers, 3 sc (3); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the arm to the body (between rounds # 14-15).
Stuff the arm lightly before attaching it.
TAIL (white yarn)
1) 5 sc in a mr (5)
2) sc inc around (10)
3) sc even (10); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the tail to the back of the body.
Stuff the tail before attaching it.
SCARF (red yarn; ch1 and turn at the end of each row)
1) 51 ch, 1 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, 49 sc (50); ch1 and turn
2) sc even (50); ch1 and turn
3) sc even (50); F/O and hide the yarn.
Wrap the scarf around the bunny's neck.
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!