November has finally arrived, Summer days are distant memories and Christmas does not seems so far away anymore.
I do not want to scare you, but are you aware it's only 50 days until Christmas??
It's time to start thinking about presents...especially if you like to gift your loved ones with handmade ones!
If you are looking for a sweet stuffed doll for a sweet little girl, look no further!
I have the perfect crochet pattern for you...an adorable pink sheep that would melt anyone's heart!
Dora is a 5.5" tall adorable sheep, made with a super soft acrylic yarn.
The body of the sheep is worked with bobble stitches, that give a nice and fun texture
to the doll.
Here's the FREE pattern! Enjoy!
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate
YARN: Medium Weight Cotton Yarn (Lace 4) in Gray, Pink and Black
OTHER MATERIALS: Polyester Fiber Filling; Yarn Needle
HOOK SIZES: E/3,25 mm
STITCHES USED and ABBREVIATIONS: magic ring (mr), chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), double crochet (dc), bobble stitch (bo), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O).
INSTRUCTIONS: work in rounds (join with a sl st and ch1 at the end of each round) otherwise instructed.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
LEGS, BODY and HEAD (gray and pink yarn)
1) start working with gray yarn, 6 sc in a mr (6)
2) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** three times (9)
3-10) sc even (9); F/O and hide the yarn and stuff the leg
Switch to pink yarn in the last sc of round #10 of the 2nd leg, do not cut the yarn, CH 6 instead.
Merge the two legs together:
11) join the yarn with a sl st to the 1st leg, ch1 and sc in the same st, crochet around 8 sc, 1 hdc in each of the 6 stitches between the two legs, keep working on the other leg, 9 sc, 1 hdc in each of the 6 stitches between the two legs (30)
12) *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (40)
13) *1 bo, 1 ch, skip 1 st*, repeat ** 20 times (20)
14-20) repeat round #13 (20); keep stuffing the body
21) switch to gray yarn, 40 sc (40)
22-25) sc even (40)
26) *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (32)
27) sc even (32)
28) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (24)
29) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (18)
30) *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (12); finish stuffing
31) sc dec around (6); F/O and close the hole.
Embroider the EYES and the NOSE with some black yarn.
Embroider the CHEEKS with some pink yarn.
EARS (gray yarn; make two)
1) 6 sc in a mr (6)
2) sc inc around (12)
3) *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (16)
4-5) sc even (16)
6) *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (12)
7) *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (8); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the ear onto the head (between rounds #25-26). Do not stuff the ear, flatten it instead before attaching it to the head.
ARMS (gray yarn; make two)
1) 6 sc in a mr (6)
2) *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (8)
3-5) sc even (8)
6) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (6); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the arm to the front of the body (between rounds #17-19). Stuff the arm lightly.
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!