Hector the Spider And His Spiderweb Free Crochet Pattern
Hi my dear friends! Hope your week started off great!
Summer is almost over and with Fall just around the corner I cannot help but starting thinking about the spookiest time of the year...Halloween!
My husband and I really enjoy decorating our house with all sort of Halloween inspired items and I always like to add a handmade crocheted piece every year!
I thought it would be fun to share this year's project with you all..a cute little spider and his big spiderweb!
For this project there's gonna be needed a little bit of experience with the following stitches: treble crochet, double treble, triple treble and quadruple treble.
If you are not familiar with these stitches I suggest you to check my PDF version!
Here's the FREE pattern!
YARN: Medium Worsted in Black and White
MATERIALS: 2.5 mm Crochet Hook; Black Aluminum Wire (16 gauge); Polyester Fiber Filling; White Felt; Two 6 mm Black Plastic Safety Eyes
DIMENSION: Spider 1.5” x 4.5” - Spiderweb 8.5” x 8.5”
ABBREVIATIONS: stitch (st), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), double crochet (dc), treble crochet (tr), double treble crochet, triple treble crochet, quadruple treble crochet, back loop only (BLO), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O), magic ring (mr)
INSTRUCTION: join at the end of each round and ch1, unless otherwise instructed
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
SPIDER (black yarn)
1) 8 sc in a mr (8)
2) sc inc around (16)
3) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (24)
4) *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (32)
5) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (40)
6) sc even (40)
7) *4 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (48)
8-11) sc even (48)
12) working in BLO, *4 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (40)
13) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (32)
Cut two rounded pieces of white felt and cut a hole in them. Insert the plastic safety EYES between rounds #10-11, 3 stitches apart.
14) *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (24)
15) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (16); stuff the spider firmly
16) dec around (8); F/O, close the hole, cut and hide the yarn.
Cut three 6” long pieces of aluminum wire. Insert the wires between rnds 10-11.
Bend the wire to shape the legs.
SPIDERWEB (white yarn)
1) work 12 ch, join the yarn to the first st with a sl st, ch 4, *work 6 ch, skip 1 st and treble crochet (tr) into the next ch*, repeat ** 5 times, 6 ch and join with a sl st into the 4th ch from the beginning of the round (6 ch spaces)
2) ch 4, *work 10 ch, and tr into the next tr of previous rnd*, repeat ** 5 times, 10 ch and join with a sl st into the 4th ch from the beginning of the round (6 ch spaces)
3) ch 6, *work 15 ch, and double treble into the next tr of previous rnd*, repeat ** 5 times, 15 ch and join with a sl st into the 6th ch from the beginning of the round (6 ch spaces)
4) ch 8, *work 22 ch, and triple treble into the next double tr of previous rnd*, repeat ** 5 times, 22 ch and join with a sl st into the 8th ch from the beginning of the round (6 ch spaces)
5) ch 10, *work 30 ch, and quadruple treble into the next triple tr of previous rnd*, repeat ** 5 times, 30 ch and join with a sl st into the 10th ch from the beginning of the round (6 ch spaces); F/O
You can attach extra yarn to each corner of the spiderweb in case you wanted to hang it.
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!