Pencil Free Crochet Pattern
2020 has been a strange year for students of all ages, from kindergarten to college. Many students feel like they've missed on something, especially those who graduated this year.
I like to think 2020 has also taught us something: how fun is to see our friends, how important teachers are to us, how much we love our grandparents, and that we should never take anything for granted.
If you know a kid who's been missing going to school and playing with friends, this amigurumi pencil is the perfect, small gift!
Here's the FREE pattern!
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
YARN: Medium Weight Cotton Yarn (Lace 4) in Pink, gray, Yellow, Beige and Black
OTHER MATERIALS: Polyester Fiber Filling; Yarn Needle
HOOK SIZES: C-2 / 2.75 mm
STITCHES USED and ABBREVIATIONS: magic ring (mr), chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), back loop only (BLO), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O).
INSTRUCTIONS: work in rounds (join with a sl st and ch1 at the end of each round) unless otherwise instructed.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
PENCIL (pink, gray, yellow, beige and black yarn)
1) starting off with pink yarn, 7 sc in a mr (7)
2) sc inc around (14)
3) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (21)
4) working in BLO, sc even (21)
5-6) sc even (21)
7) switch to gray yarn, sc even (21)
8-11) sc even (21)
12) switch to yellow yarn, sc even (21)
13-43) sc even (21); stuff the pencil as you go
44) 19 sc, 1 sc dec (20)
45)*3 sc with yellow yarn, switch to beige yarn, 1 sc*, repeat ** 5 times (20)
46) 1 sc with beige yarn, *1 sc with yellow yarn, 3 sc with beige yarn*, repeat ** 4 times, 2 sc with beige yarn (20)
47) repeat round #46 (20)
48) working with beige yarn only, *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** 4 times (16)
49) *6 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (14)
50) *5 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (12)
51) *4 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (10)
52) switch to black yarn, *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (8); finish stuffing the pencil
53) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (6)
54) sc dec (3); F/O and close the hole
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!