Happy Tuesday my dear friends!
I'm back to my beloved crochet after few days of vacation in the beautiful Upper Peninsula in Michigan. I got the chance to spend time in the nature, walk beautiful trails and rest on peaceful sandy beaches on Lake Superior. We had gorgeous sunny days...and yes, the rain got us few times but that was just a bless because it gifted us with the most beautiful rainbow we have ever seen.
...and this is where I got the idea for today's free project!
I created these two cute Rainbows that would make a perfect wall decor for a baby nursery. Play with your favorite colors and yarn and create something unique!
Here's the FREE pattern!
YARN: Medium Worsted in White, Pink, Mustard, Gray and Blue
MATERIALS: 3.5 mm Crochet Hook
DIMENSION: H. 8” x W. 4”
ABBREVIATIONS: stitch (st), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), back loop only (BLO), fasten off (F/O)
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
1) start crocheting with white/gray yarn, work 15 ch, 1 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, 12 sc, 2 sc inc, keep working on the other side of the foundation chain, 13 sc (30), ch 1 and turn
2)13 sc, 4 sc inc, 13 sc (34), turn
3) switch to pink/blue yarn, ch 1, working in BLO, sc even (34), ch 1 and turn
4) working in both loops now, 13 sc, 8 sc inc, 13 sc (42), turn
5) switch to mustard yarn, ch 1, working in BLO, sc even (42), ch 1 and turn
6) working in both loops now, 13 sc, *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** 8 times, 13 sc (50), turn
7) switch to white/gray yarn, ch 1, working in BLO, sc even (50), ch 1 and turn
8) working in both loops now, 13 sc, *1 sc inc, 2 sc *, repeat ** 8 times, 13 sc (58), turn
9) switch to pink/blue yarn, ch 1, working in BLO, sc even (58), ch 1 and turn
10) working in both loops now, 13 sc, *3 sc, 1 sc inc *, repeat ** 8 times, 13 sc (66), turn
11) switch to mustard yarn, ch 1, working in BLO, sc even (66), ch 1 and turn
12) working in both loops now, 13 sc, *1 sc inc, 4 sc*, repeat ** 8 times, 13 sc (74), ch 1 and turn
F/O, cut and hide the yarn.
Cut 8 pieces of blue, pink and mustard yarn into 13″ strands.
Cut 4 pieces of white and gray yarn into 13″ strands.
Fold each strand of yarn in half, forming a loop at one end. Take your hook and draw the loop through the stitch that you’re attaching the fringe to. Make a knot. Alternate colors following the rainbow pattern. Trim the fringe at the desired length.
1) crochet 13 ch tight. F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to attach the hanger to the top of the rainbow. Hide and cut the yarn.
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!