Sausage Dog Free Crochet Pattern
Updated: Nov 9, 2019
Sausage dogs are adorable but with a sweater they become irresistible!
Who doesn't love Dachshunds? Short legs, long body and a big attitude are what make these dogs one of a kind among dog breeds!
So grab your yarns and hook...it's time to crochet your own Sausage Dog!
This FREE project is perfect for beginner crocheters since the head and the body are worked as one piece and it just requires a minimum of sewing skills.
The amigurumi is approximately 8" long and 3.5" tall.
Free your imagination and play with yarns to create your favorite color combination for the sweater!
***You can purchase an AD-FREE PDF of this pattern on Etsy HERE.
Here's the FREE pattern! Enjoy!
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
YARN: Medium Weight Cotton Yarn (Lace 4) in Brown, Red, Blue, Black and White
OTHER MATERIALS: Polyester Fiber Filling, 9 mm Black Plastic safety Eyes
HOOK SIZES: E/3,50 mm
STITCHES USED and ABBREVIATIONS: magic ring (mr), chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O).
INSTRUCTIONS: Work in rows (join with a sl st and ch1 at the end of each row) otherwise instructed.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
HEAD and BODY (brown, red, blue and white yarn)
1) start working with brown yarn, 8 sc in a mr (8)
2) sc inc around (16)
3) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (24)
4) *2 sc, 1 sc inc *, repeat ** around (32)
5) sc even (32)
6) *3 sc, 1 sc inc *, repeat ** around (40)
7-21) sc even (40); insert safety eyes between rounds #11-12, 11 stitches apart
22) switch to red yarn, sc even (40)
23) sc even (40); start stuffing
24) switch to blue yarn, sc even (40)
25-27) sc even (40)
28) switch to white yarn, sc even (40)
29-39) repeat rows 24-28 two times (40)
40) switch to blue yarn, sc even (40)
41-43) sc even (40)
44) switch to red yarn, sc even (40)
45) sc even (40)
46) switch to brown yarn, sc even (40)
47) sc even (40)
48) *8 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** 4 times (36)
49) *4 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (30)
50) *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (24)
51) *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (16); finish stuffing
52) sc dec around (8); F/O and close the hole
Embroider the NOSE with black yarn.
EARS (black yarn; make two)
1) 8 sc in a mr (8)
2) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (12)
3) sc even (12)
4) *5 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (14)
5) sc even (14)
6) *5 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (12)
7) sc even (12)
8) *4 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (10)
9) sc even (10)
10) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (8); do not stuff the ear
11) flatten the ear and crochet through both layers now, 4 sc (4); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the ear between rounds 17-10.
LEGS (brown yarn; make four)
1) 6 sc in a mr (6)
2) sc inc around (12)
3-4) sc even (12); stuff the leg
5) work 6 sc and leave the other 6 stitches unworked (6); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the leg beneath the body. The leg should be positioned so that the 6 sc of the last round are pointing outwards.
TAIL (brown yarn)
1) 4 sc in a mr (4)
2) 1 sc, 2 sc inc, 1 sc (6)
3) 2 sc, 2 sc inc, 2 sc (8)
4-5) sc even (8)
6) 3 sc, 2 sc inc, 3 sc (10); F/O and leave a long string of yarn to sew the tail between rounds # 47-49.
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!