Updated: Oct 19, 2019
Happy Tuesday my Friends...hope your week started off great!
I just got back home from a trip to my beloved Italy, where I enjoyed some family time, good food and amazing sunny days!
Now I'm back to my craft studio and I'm very excited to start working on some new crochet projects!
If you've been following my blog, you will probably remember that two of my latest amigurumis were specifically designed as baby crib toys...Pinky Bird and Little Bear! Sweet shapes and lovely colors are everything you need in order to create adorable friends for the little ones.
Today I'll be sharing a third design that has just the right dose of sweetness to become a perfect companion for a little baby.
A cute and fun Duck that I named Squeak!
The finished doll is approximately 5.5" tall.
Here's the FREE pattern! Enjoy!
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
YARN: Medium Weight Cotton Yarn (Lace 4) in Linen, Mustard; Cotton Thread (Lace 0) in Black
OTHER MATERIALS: Polyester Fiber Filling; Yarn Needle
HOOK SIZES: E/3,25 mm
STITCHES USED and ABBREVIATIONS: magic ring (mr), chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O).
INSTRUCTIONS: work in rows (join with a sl st and ch1 at the end of each row) otherwise instructed.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
FEET AND BODY (mustard and linen yarn)
1) start working with mustard yarn, 5 ch, 2 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, 2 sc, 2 sc inc in the last st, keep working on the opposite side of the foundation chain, 2 sc, 1 sc inc in the last st that already contains 2 sc (12)
2-3) sc even (12)
4) *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (8); F/O and hide the yarn, do not stuff the foot
Switch color in the last sc of round #4 of the 2nd foot, then CH 7.
Merge the two feet together:
5) join the yarn with a sl st to the 1st foot, ch1 and sc in the same st, crochet around 7 sc, 1 hdc in each stitch in between the two feet, keep working on the second foot, 8 sc, 1 hdc in each stitch in between the two feet (30)
6) *4 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (36)
7-26) sc even (36); start stuffing
27) 4 sc, 3 sc dec, 13 sc, 3 sc dec, 7 sc (30)
28) 2 sc, 3 sc dec, 11 sc, 3 sc dec, 5 sc (24)
29) 1 sc, 3 sc dec, 7 sc, 3 sc dec, 4 sc (18)
30) 3 sc dec, 3sc, 3 sc dec, 3 sc (12); finish stuffing
31) sc dec around (6); F/O and close the hole
BEAK (mustard yarn)
1) 8 ch, 2 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, 5 sc, 2 sc inc in the last st, keep working on the opposite side of the foundation chain, 5 sc, 1 sc inc in the last st that already contains 2 sc (18)
2-3) sc even (18); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the beak.
Do not stuff the beak; flatten it instead before attaching it between rounds #19-20 of the body.
Embroider the MOUTH line with black yarn.
Embroider the EYES with black yarn between rounds #22-24, 5 stitches apart.
WINGS (linen yarn; make two)
1) 6 sc in a mr (6)
2) sc inc around (12)
3) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (18)
4) fold the round in half and crochet through both layers now, 9 sc (9); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the wing to the side of the body, between round #13-16.
TAIL (linen yarn)
1) 4 sc in a mr (4)
2) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (6)
3) *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (8)
4) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (12)
5) 1 sc inc, 4 sc, 2 sc inc, 4 sc, 1 sc inc (16);
F/O and leave string of yarn to sew the tail to the back of the duck, between rounds #6-10. Stuff the tail while attaching it.
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!