Hi my fellow crocheters!
If you are in the hunt for a sweet crochet project look no further...I think I have something just right for you!
This sweet unicorn is absolutely super easy to crochet and it will make you want to play with different colors to create a fun set for your kids!
The pretty small size makes it perfect as a rattle toy or mobile attachment for a baby nursery.
...so, are you ready to crochet along?
Here's the FREE pattern!
YARN: Medium Worsted in White, Yellow, Pink and Black
MATERIALS: 2.5 mm Crochet Hook Polyester Fiber Filling
DIMENSIONS: H. 5” x W. 3” x D. 2.5”
ABBREVIATIONS: stitch (st), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), front loop only (FLO), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O), magic ring (mr)
INSTRUCTION: join at the end of each round and ch1, otherwise instructed
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
LEGS AND BODY (pink, white and yellow yarn)
1) starting off with pink yarn, 6 sc in a mr (6)
2) sc inc around (12)
3)*1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (18)
4) sc even (18)
5) switch to white yarn, sc even (18)
6-9) sc even (18); F/O and stuff the leg
Do no cut the yarn once you have completed the 2nd leg, CH 6 INSTEAD.
Merge the two legs together:
10) join the yarn with a sl st to the 1st leg, ch1 and sc in the same st, crochet around 17 sc, 1 hdc in each ch between the two legs, keep working on the 2nd leg, 18 sc, 1 hdc in each ch between the two legs (48)
11) *7 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (54)
12-23) sc even (54); keep stuffing as you go
24) *7 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (48)
25) sc even (48)
26) *6 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (42)
27) sc even (42)
28) *5 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (36)
29) sc even (36)
30) *4 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (30)
31) *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (20)
32) sc dec around (10)
33) switch to yellow yarn, working in FLO, sc even (10)
34-35) sc even (10)
36) *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (8)
37) sc even (8); finish stuffing
38) *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (6)
39) sc even (6)
40) *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** twice (4); F/O and close the hole
Embroider EYES and NOSE with black yarn.
Embroider the MOUTH with pink yarn.
EARS (white yarn)
1) 4 sc in a magic ring (4)
2) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (6)
3) *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (8)
4) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (10); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn.
Flatten the ears and attach them between rounds # 27-31.
FRONT MANE (pink yarn)
1) 25 ch, 3 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, 3 sc in each st across (72); F/O and leave a long string of yarn to attach the mane to the front of the head right in front of the horn. Secure the end of the mane with the remaining yarn.
BACK MANE (pink yarn)
1) 35 ch, 3 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, 3 sc in each st across (102); F/O and leave a long string of yarn to attach the mane to the back of the unicorn right behind the horn. Secure the end of the mane with the remaining yarn.
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!