Updated: Nov 19, 2020
Who's in for a quick and super easy-to-work crochet project?
If you are, stick around and you'll get to meet a cute Little Mouse today!
This little fella would make the sweetest addition to any baby's room...how perfect would it be on little shelves, picking out among books, or hanging from a mobile, or as a tooth mouse? I'll leave you the choice...
Nose pointing upward, embroidered arms and cute little ears are what make this cutie so special to me.
The instructions to create the little mouse are really simple and ask for the basic stitches knowledge...and just a bit of embroidering skills are required!
So are you ready to work along and create this sweet little mouse?
Here's the FREE pattern!
YARN: Light (3) in Pink and Gray; Classic Cotton Thread in Black
MATERIALS: C2 - 2.75 mm Hook; Poly Filling
DIMENSION: H. 3.5” x W. 2.5”
ABBREVIATIONS: magic ring (mr), stitch (st), slip stitch (sl st),
single crochet (sc), back loop only (BLO), fasten off (F/O)
INSTRUCTIONS: work in rounds (join with a sl st and ch 1 at the end of each round) unless otherwise instructed.
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you).
BODY (pink and gray yarn)
1) starting off with pink yarn, 8 sc in a mr (8)
2) switch to gray yarn, sc even (8)
3) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (10)
4) *4 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** twice (12)
5) *2 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (16)
6) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (20)
7-8) sc even (20)
9) *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (16)
10-11) sc even (16)
12) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (20)
13) *4 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (24)
14) sc even (24); start filling
15) *5 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (28)
16) *6 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (32)
17) *3 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (40)
18-24) sc even (40)
25) *3 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (32)
26) sc even (32)
27) working in BLO, *2 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (24)
28) working in both loops now, *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (16); finish stuffing
29) sc dec around (8); F/O, close the hole and wave in end.
EARS (gray and pink yarn; make two)
1) starting off with gray yarn, 6 sc in a mr (6)
2) sc inc around (12)
3) 1 sc, 1 sc inc, 1 sc, switch to pink yarn, 1 sc inc, 1 sc, switch back to gray yarn, 1 sc inc, *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** three times (18)
4) keep working with gray yarn, 3 sc, switch to pink yarn, 5 sc, switch back to gray yarn, 10 sc (18)
5) repeat round #4
6) keep working with gray yarn, 1 sc, 1 sc dec, switch to pink yarn, 1 sc, 2 sc dec, switch back to gray yarn, *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** three times, 1 sc (12)
7) keep working with gray yarn, *1 sc, 1 sc dec*, repeat ** around (8); F/O, and leave a long tail of yarn to sew the ear to the body between rounds # 5-8.
TAIL (gray yarn)
1) work 31 ch, 1 sl st in the 2nd ch from the hook, 29 sl sts (30); F/O and leave a long string of yarn to attach the tail to the back of the body, between rounds # 24-25.
Embroider the ARMS between rounds # 15-22 of the body with pink yarn.
Embroider the MOUTH between rounds # 1-7 of the muzzle with black cotton thread.
Embroider the EYES between rounds # 4-6 with black cotton thread.
This pattern is an original pattern by Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Elisa Sartori of Elisa's Crochet. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you!